| Ogden Board of Education Action Plan
"Empowering Excellence Through Education"
Board Action Plan
The Ogden School District Board of Education has developed the following Action Plan to support the
District Guaranties, Standards, and Attitudes.
- Why? Increase board performance through learning where we are, where we need to be, and
how we’re going to get there.
- The board of education will identify a self evaluation tool and participate in the self
evaluation process to refine the work of the board.
- The board of education will identify a process for external evaluation input from district
- The board of education will review the evaluation information gathered and make a plan for
change in needed areas.
Board Professional Development
- Why? The board of education understands the importance of increased knowledge and
understanding of the programs and focus of the district in making sound decisions.
- The board of education will develop a plan and schedule for professional development that
is relative to the programs of the district as they relate to the Guarantees, Standards and
Attitudes (GSAs) of the District.
- Professional Development may include: Book Reviews, Workshops and/or Conferences,
Specific training and/or presentations from district personnel
- The board will review the training/orientation for new board members.
- Members of the board of education will participate in USBA’s Master Board Award (MBA)
- Review the requirements for achieving the Award and develop a plan to fulfill any
Board PR/Marketing Plan
- Why? The board of education understands the importance of good, effective communication
with all employee groups and the Ogden community. This will increase understanding, support
and unity with all stakeholders.
- Work with the district Public Relations office for a plan as well as training in ‘telling our story’
- Develop a plan for effective communication within the district
- Develop a plan for effective communication with the community
The Ogden School District Board of Education is committed to increasing board member capacity to make
decisions that increase student achievement and improve outcomes for the children of Ogden.